Monday, July 29, 2013

The Omnivore Diet

Through my research and observations, I have developed a lifestyle based on our basic animal instincts. We are mammals and we are, believe it or not, scavengers. Keep this in mind to understand my argument.

To those who believe in being a vegetarian or vegan and to those who believe meats are required for humans and meats and potatoes are the only food groups, well I have a theory for all. We are animals and we are mammals. Our instincts are those of scavengers. Our survival and the survival of our instincts and progeny are what determines our survival skills.

We are not carnivores and we are not herbivores. We are an omnivore and our diet varies. The foods we are capable of eating, aren't always good for you.

My Omnivore Diet has at least one day a week that is meatless. I have sometimes gone as much as four days without meat. My breakdown is as follows:
                              Red meat...4 servings a month.
                              Poultry...up to 2 servings a week.
                              Fish...up to 3 servings a week.
I personally avoid pork as much as possible. All food is prepared by me, and if I eat at restaurant, I try to eat the healthiest foods on the menu.

Vegetables can be consumed in unlimited amounts, or at least 5 servings a day. Most fruits should be limited to 3 servings and not more than 5. Watermelon is the exception.

I consume from 4 to 6 servings of whole grains a day.

I try to eat at least a serving of seeds and nuts on a daily basis, but that doesn't always happen. A serving of beans daily would be ideal. Sweet potatoes or purple potatoes are consumed occasionally.

Dairy I limit it to just a yogurt a day and occasional cheese. I don't consume milk.

This is what works for me. I do on occasions indulge in typical junk food, or go off my daily ritual. Sometimes I do end up paying for it and have to turn up the exercises.



No comments:

Post a Comment