Friday, July 12, 2013

The Controversial Savior

The world of medicine has shifted research into overdrive. We are finding ways to prevent and fight all cancers that we are prone to. Alzheimer's might be an epidemic in the years to come, but we are finding ways to fight it and possibly cure it. Regardless what people think, you can thank Stem Cell Research for bringing it to light. You can believe what you want and argue the ethics to using human embryos, but it works and is taking medicine out of the stone age.

They look at every microscopic fiber of our DNA and are able to trace where the disease originates and how to cure it. The controversy over the research was losing sight about the real benefit.

Look at people who need organ transplants that are on such a long waiting list that death is guaranteed. Imagine having the organs available when needed. Welcome to the developing liver.

I'll admit that I was against Stem Cell Research at first. That was because I believed in the religious and ethics arguments. Then I saw it as a savior. The research has helped my ailments in the past and will be in my future for what ails me.

No comments:

Post a Comment