Saturday, July 27, 2013

Health Week Tips-Day 7(The End...for Now)

Beware of NUTITION Bars because they aren't as "Nutritious" as they would have you believe. Sugar and Trans Fat, well you get the picture. Eat a candy bar instead, if you must.

The healthiest salad dressing is simple...extra virgin olive oil and balsamic. red wine, apple cider, distilled, and any other vinegar. Adjust the taste by adding more vinegar or more EVOO-Extra Virgin Olive Oil. But if you have a problem, I think these salad dressings may help. A little secret....when it comes to commercial salad dressings, you want to enforce the portion size.

Start keeping track of the nutrients in your foods. You can make your own Nutrition Facts label by doing this and using this.

We are starting to change our views when it comes to weight loss. I have a BMI of 25, and feel I should drop more weight, but my doctor disagrees. He pointed out that I am muscular and muscle has weight to it. I may be considered overweight on the BMI scale, but I am in optimal health because most of my weight is muscle and not fat.

Peppers are always a Super Food. Hot ones, sweet ones, spicy ones, all good. When it comes to Bell peppers, the brighter the color the more beneficial. A secret to buying Bell peppers is to get the male rather than the female. The red, yellow, orange variety are the most expensive and usually sold by weight. Female peppers are loaded with more seeds inside. How can you tell a female from a male? Look at the bottom of the pepper. Three humps are male and four humps are female.

Start keeping track of your workouts with a workout log. Alternate or change your workouts and routines every three months to continue gaining muscle and losing weight.

Have I talked about cholesterol, yet? Not all cholesterol is bad. Unfortunately, although I eat as healthy as possible, I still need cholesterol controlling drug, possibly because mine is inherited. I'll give my words credibility!

You now can train yourself to be happier. Boost your health with good relationships. Also learn to conquer your everyday stressors.

Whew! I made it! The magnificent 7 days of tips on the healthy lifestyle. I know how you feel by getting bombarded by health advice, tips, resources, tools, and so on, but it is up to you to find what works. What works for me may, or may not work for you. I do believe that mind, body and mood are what makeup a healthy lifestyle. How you achieve it is your niche.

No comments:

Post a Comment