Tuesday, June 25, 2013

1) Going Against The Norm

Your BMI is a way to measure a human's body shape based on the individual's height and weight. Even though I fall into the overweight category, my doctor seems to think that my current BMI is fine. This is why you should always consult your personal physician before adopting a lifestyle change.

An informative site is ChooseMyPlate.gov that basically gives you the new nutritional pyramid. I don't totally agree with the government's assessment. Dr. Andrew Weil has developed his own food pyramid. Even the Mediterranean diet pyramid has gotten a facelift.

When it comes to exercise there are those for mostly women, and those for mostly men. I say mostly because both sites have exercises for both sexes. But make sure you educate yourself about exercise and start slow, if you are just starting or haven't exercised in awhile.

Well, looks like we have a lift off...

No comments:

Post a Comment