Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Cancer Prevention Through Nutrition

By now I am sure we have heard so much about which foods fight or reduce cancer risks, that we can probably recite the foods in alphabetical order. But research tends to fine tune the findings that sometimes might change or be elaborated upon.


The Journal of the American College of Nutrition has offered six recommendations for eating and cancer prevention. What comes different from this study is that it recommends little or no dairy, red or processed meat, and avoiding meat that is grilled, fried or broiled. Broil was a surprise to me, but I have been baking most of my meats.


Most of the other recommendations, avoiding alcohol, eating more fruits and vegetables, are a given. The soy during adolescence to prevent breast cancer in adulthood, is totally new to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment