Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Food Label Flaw

In this entry I wrote about the new food labels. I wrote, "After all the FDA is changing the already confusing Food Labels and it can go either way. A 20 oz. of soda becomes a serving just to show you the calories in an entire bottle? My guess is someone who drank a six-pack will continue to consume a six-pack!


All they did is cut out the Servings per container, because most people can't do the math, apparently according to their actions. I do like the Vitamin D label because I live in a cold northern state that lacks sunshine in the winter."


At this time the main flaw is that there isn't an established intake for sugar. Since it is established that the major cause for obesity is sugar, there is no dietary reference intake (DRI) for sugar. How much is too much?


We should also note that most obese people really don't even look at food labels. Maybe that is another flaw!



No comments:

Post a Comment