Sunday, February 2, 2014

Reconsidering Wheat

We went from enriched, bleached and unbleached wheat flour to WHOLE Wheat. It was healthier since it was high in fiber and became a staple for me. Now we hear that whole wheat contains gluten and is modified and not as healthy as we thought. Imagine my excitement when I went from eating the white wheat to eating whole wheat and losing and maintaining my weight. Now to find that this may not be as healthy as I thought, well I am not going to give it up completely.


I found that going from white to whole, I consumed a lot less of the product. Bread, pasta and anything else that I would consume by overindulging, with whole wheat I consumed much lesser and was full longer. So when it comes to this wheat issue, my advice is that if you have a "wheat belly" then you should consider eliminating it. If you maintain a healthy weight and don't have a problem with belly fat, I'd say eat the whole wheat!


If on the other hand you have fat in the belly that you can't get rid of, then perhaps you should remove whole wheat from your nutrition. There are recipes here, here, and here. Besides buying the advertised book, here is a list of wheat-free foods.

No comments:

Post a Comment