Saturday, June 7, 2014

The Powerhouse Superfoods List

Most of us make it a point to consume as many superfoods as possible. Many of us have been on the kale kick, thinking that it is the most powerful of foods. Well the CDC has come out with a list to identify food powerhouses.


Although it is based on foods that can lower disease risk, I don't buy it for the most part. I can't understand why romaine lettuce beats out other superfoods that didn't make the list. I can't see why iceberg is even on the list. Sweet potatoes on the low end seems a bit extreme.


I consume most foods on the list regularly while others are consumed from time to time. Then there are those I won't touch, like iceberg. For your overall health all these foods should be consumed from time to time.

No comments:

Post a Comment