Thursday, September 19, 2013

Nutrition and Health

One of the pillars that sustains a healthy lifestyle is your nutrition. You should get to know what types of foods to avoid as well as those that are deceiving.  I have noticed some healthier frozen foods on the market. There are even healthy choices when it comes to packaged foods as a whole!

An important aspect of nutrition is to keep track of your calories. Most people take in more than they think. If you're burning them, you may benefit from extra calories.  It seems that there are ways to burn calories in your sleep.

The egg still makes for a great breakfast. Because of my cholesterol, I limit it to 4 eggs a week. Here is more about the egg.

There are ways to eat healthy. There is connection between nutrition and healthy lifestyle.

With all the yogurt hoopla these days, people seek Greek yogurt, which may be a wise choice. Dairy is getting controversial. This argument will go on. I only consume yogurt on a daily basis, and occasionally I indulge in cheese. I have considered cutting back on the yogurt, too, but it hasn't happened yet.

When it comes to fruits and vegetables, the power punch lies in the bright colors. Learn what the benefits of specifics are. Get to know the nutrition facts of vegetables.  I love my salads, and I may have already mentioned the best salad greens. The important thing about the salad is to be careful on the dressings you use. I always use extra virgin olive oil and vinegar. I can go on about salads forever!

Get the most from your workout nutrition with these pre- and post workout snacks. When it comes to any nutrition, remember to always keep a journal to achieve your goals.

I've discussed and will continue to talk about the various food pyramids, such as the US's MyPlate.gov, along with the Mediterranean, Longevity, etc., and every pyramid I can find. How to determine which is right for you? You experiment and determine which, if any, is right for you. I, for example, have days that I consume NO MEAT of any kind. The meats I do consume are chicken, turkey, fish, and occasional bison. My main plate is vegetables. The least for me is dairy.



No comments:

Post a Comment