Sunday, August 2, 2015

Muscle Nutrition

One of the main goals in being healthy is to build, sustain and maintain muscle. We all know how essential exercise is to accomplish this. But what about when it comes to muscle nutrition, are we eating the right foods to reach our goals. Although protein may be the main nutrient to muscle health, it isn't the only one!




There are many articles about muscle nutrition. Here, here, and I could go on. Foods that contain creatine are a big muscle booster. Don't forget the amino acids.


There are plenty of muscle foods out there, so I came up with my own top of the picks that I eat daily, but especially when I work out. In no particular order: poultry, turkey, sea food, ground beef especially bison, goat, lamb, venison. These are my animal choices. Asparagus, watermelon, nuts, seeds, leafy greens, avocado, eggs, brussel sprouts, beans, beets, potatoes, lentils, quinoa, oatmeal, and I can come up with even more.


As we age, we need to maintain our muscle and nutrition is a big help.

No comments:

Post a Comment