Thursday, December 25, 2014

The Must Resolution

We are now nearing the time of year I dread-the New Years Resolutions. It is now time to see the gym full to capacity until about April. Yes for the most part resolutions go unfulfilled. But more power to those who try and eventually end up sticking to it, like I eventually did. I'm not criticizing as much as stating facts.


It goes without saying that a change of habit may require time. It can't just happen overnight, although there are rare occasions when it does. So if at first you don't succeed, keep trying!




The one resolution that should be adhered to, if it applies to you, is to quit smoking. If you smoke, you should try to quit no matter how many attempts it takes. Whether you start the first of the year, or a month later, don't give up on quitting. Not everything works for everyone. I went cold-turkey and never looked back. It was a health issue for me that made me do it.




To be successful at quitting such a nasty habit, the secret is that you have to want to quit, otherwise nothing will work. I know somebody who was hypnotized, used acupuncture, the patch, pills, etc., and still goes back to smoking.




SmokeFree.gov might sweeten the quit smoking deal by offering incentives such as cash and free treatments.


Don't Stop Trying!

No comments:

Post a Comment