Sunday, November 10, 2013

Health Journal 5

Obesity is now the No. 1 cause of death in the US. Although we are seeing a slight decline among preschoolers, obesity may still reach epidemic proportions. Obesity, much like smoking, leads to other health problems which can range from diabetes to cancer.

I find it shocking that there are those who are shocked that heart-attack and stroke victims don't change their habits. I've seen many that continue to smoke while hooked up to oxygen. It has also been found that sugar may be a major factor for heart disease and strokes.

The debate over which is the healthier water, bottled or tap, continues. The result is that health wise they are equal. Bottled water uses plastic bottles and costs money. Tap water can taste better with a filter, but is otherwise practically free. Speaking of beverages, get to know your best bets.

My time at the gym is well spent these days. Of course, I may have to change a few routines since they are a complete waste of time. While I'm at it, I'm also going to start working on the exercise myths I have adhered to all this time.

Sleep is key to a healthy lifestyle. We should get at least 7 hours a night to be in optimal health. Here are sleep tips for seniors that can benefit us all. Sleep health is an important factor to leading a healthy lifestyle. Find more about sleep, sleep remedies and problems here, here, here, and here. See if you're getting enough quality sleep by taking this quiz.

Nutrition labels should be to help the consumer, but are still a confusion of loopholes that benefit the manufacturer. I will continue to give the heads-up any time I receive new information such as this on the deceptive labels.





No comments:

Post a Comment